About Me

My photo
I feel like I can't always tell people how I feel, what's on my mind. So that's what this is for. It is all honest, all truth, how I really feel. There are no lies here. I feel lost when it comes to things, and it helps to write them down. And honestly, nothing on here is a secret. I've got nothing to hide. I have a secret (now not so secret) fear of ghost's. My favorite color is red. I can be very random at times, but most of the time I am pretty serious. Autumn is my favorite time of the year. The holidays are best when spent with friends. I am not a huge reader, but when I do sit down with a book, it really needs to keep me interested. I love food, and when I say that I mean it. I speak hindi,desi(u.p.) and english, although I am a bit self-conscious of it. I also hate listening to people eat. I am addicted to tea... I am sure there is a lot more you'd like to know, but honestly, I can't give you a life history. If you want to know, just ask!........

Saturday, March 20, 2010

JUST 1411 LEFT WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.............

Tiger, tiger burning bright under flames of human greed...........
Tigers’ count decreased in years, it did not happen overnight. 40,000 to 1411… it decreased 40 times, and now we are “roaring” for tigers??? It seems we, as well as our Govt. have been least bothered about our National Animal for so many years. Now we are saying we have 1411 tigers left, but not sure whether the latest count is correct. One of the ways to count tigers is to follow the “pugmarks”, but that is normally done manually (looking at pugmarks, measuring the same to check whether it belongs to same tiger or different tiger), hence human errors will definitely be there in that count. But one important thing we are not discussing is out of this 1411, what is the male/female ratio?



Also, when we talk about taking care of our National Animal, we should think of people who are there spending hrs to take care of the tigers. One of the reason for decrease in tigers’ count is “poaching”. Govt. has already taken steps to curve down the poaching. but the people who live in jungle to take care of tigers, to make sure tigers are not being hunted by poachers, if they are not capale enough to tackle this situation then at least govt. should come up with some new plan or corrective actions. you can not expect people who live in cities to go to jungle and stop poaching!!!



Contributing some money may not resolve the issue. Every year a portion of the Budget goes to Forest Dept. for maintaing forest and wild life, and obviously that money comes from common people. So, why to contribute again???



Ultimately it depends on how to plan to tackle this situation. It can not be the case that when tigers’ count becase 40 times less it bacame an eye-opener. If that is the case, shame on us. There are numerous tiger experts and scientists who are already involved in similar excersise for quite a few years (because this is not a new issue). So, they should come up with some innovative solution to this problem.


""TIGER RESERVES""
IN
INDIA




No comments: